If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on
our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Prime Day 2020 is finally official! Amazon announced on Sunday that Prime Day 2020 will take place on October 13 and October 14 this year.
- It might not be a week-long ordeal like it was last year, but you can expect thousands upon thousands of deep discounts that will be available only to Amazon Prime subscribers.
- Here, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about Prime Day 2020.
Ladies and gentlemen… bargain hunters of all ages… the news you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived: Prime Day 2020 is official! Amazon announced on Sunday morning that Prime Day 2020 will take place on October 13 and October 14 this year, and the retailer confirmed several important details about its biggest sales event of 2020.
Rumors have been floating around for more than a month suggesting that Prime Day 2020 was going to take place in October this year. Needless to say, things were still a bit crazy back in July when Prime Day normally takes place.
It’s true that new coronavirus case numbers are still soaring all across the United States right now, but there are several big differenced between the coronavirus pandemic now and back in July. As it pertains to Amazon and Prime Day, the biggest difference is the fact that manufacturing and supply shortages the country was experiencing during the summer are for the most part resolved. In fact, you can even get your hands on hard-to-find coronavirus prevention essentials on Amazon that are still difficult to find in most stores around the country. Examples include:
- FDA-authorized KN95 face masks that NIOSH says work just as well as 3M N95 masks.
- 20oz Purell pump bottles, 8oz Purell pump bottles, and Purell travel bottles at the lowest prices since the pandemic started.
- Purell alcohol wipes that are impossible to find anywhere else.
- Lysol spray and Clorox wipes at less inflated prices.
Of course, Prime Day 2020 isn’t about coronavirus essentials. Prime Day is about killer deals on everything else you might be interested in, from kitchen products and headphones to home goods, robot vacuums, smart home gadgets, Amazon devices, and more.
So, what can you expect from Prime Day 2020? Bookmark this page right now: Amazon’s Prime Day 2020 hub. There, you’ll find tons of information about the upcoming shopping event along with examples of Prime Day deals that will be available. As Prime Day 2020 gets closer, you might even find some early Prime Day sales on that page. You’ll also find more information in the Prime Day press release that was just published in Amazon’s press center.
One important thing to note is that tons of early Prime Day 2020 deals are already live now! Among the early deals that are available to Prime members right away is the single best Echo Dot deal we’ve ever seen. If you’re a Prime subscriber and you pick up two Echo Dot (3rd gen) smart speakers using the coupon code DOTPRIME2PK at checkout, you’ll only pay $39.98 for the pair. That’s just $19.99 each and it matches the lowest price ever!
There are also three Prime-exclusive deals on Fire TV products that you definitely need to check out. Prime members can save $100 on the Fire TV Recast DVR box and knock it down to its lowest price ever. You can also shave $100 off the All-New Insignia 50-inch Smart 4K Fire TV Edition Television or a 43-inch Toshiba model, which means prices start at just $179.99.
Fire TV Recast, over-the-air DVR, 500 GB, 75 hours, DVR for cord cutters $129.99 Available from Amazon
BGR may receive a commission Buy Now
All-New Insignia NS-50DF710NA21 50-inch Smart 4K UHD – Fire TV Edition, Released 2020 $249.99 Available from Amazon
BGR may receive a commission Buy Now
All-New Toshiba 43LF421U21 43-inch Smart HD 1080p TV – Fire TV Edition, Released 2020 $179.99 Available from Amazon
BGR may receive a commission Buy Now
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Starting right now, Prime members can save an extra 30% off smart home devices, an extra 20% off gadgets and back to school supplies, up to 20% off furniture and home goods, up to 30% off top fashion brands, and more. Plus, you can sign up for an Amazon Music Unlimited trial and if you haven’t already tried it, you’ll get four full months for just $0.99!
Moving on to specific types of products you can expect to see on sale at deep discounts on Prime Day 2020 in a couple weeks, here are some highlights based on past sales and everything we know so far:
- There will be A TON of deals on Amazon devices that will all be found at this page on Amazon’s site.
- You can also expect to see the first discounts on brand new Amazon devices that were just announced last week, like the completely redesigned Echo and Echo Dot speakers as well as a new Fire TV Stick, the Fire TV Stick Lite, and more.
- Killer deals on popular Apple products like iPhones, AirPods Pro and AirPods 2, iPad and iPad Pro models, Apple Watch models, MacBook and MacBook Pro models, Apple accessories, and more.
- Deep discounts on noise cancelling headphones from Sony and Bose, possibly including the first-ever discount on the jaw-dropping Sony WH1000XM4 headphones that were just released.
- The lowest prices of the year on Instant Pots and other multi-use cookers.
- Deep discounts on best-selling weighted blankets that everyone should have as we head into the winter.
- And plenty more.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg, of course, and the BGR Deals team will obviously be covering all of the hottest Prime Day 2020 deals that hit Amazon’s site. As a reminder, the action begins at midnight PT on October 13 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on October 14, and you’ll obviously need to be an Amazon Prime subscriber in order to get any Prime Day prices available on Amazon’s site during the two-day Prime Day 2020 event. And don’t forget to bookmark Amazon’s Prime Day 2020 hub!
UPDATE: Amazon’s full Prime Day 2020 press release is now embedded below.
Mark Your Calendars! Prime Day Is Here in Time for the Holidays on October 13 & 14
To further its support of small businesses during COVID-19 and beyond, Amazon is investing an additional $100 million in special Prime Day and holiday promotional programs, and today through October 12, Amazon will offer a $10 credit to use on Prime Day to members who spend $10 on items sold by select small businesses in Amazon’s store
Prime members get an early start to a season of savings with deep discounts on holiday must-haves across toys, electronics, fashion, beauty, kitchen, home, Amazon Devices, and everything else you need and love
Prime Day will feature more than one million deals globally from top brands including Panasonic, Roborock, Keurig, Under Armour, Coleman, Simple Joys by Carter’s, adidas, Lacoste, Marvel, Ticwatch, and many more
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sep. 28, 2020– (NASDAQ: AMZN) — Amazon’s annual Prime Day event is back in time for the holidays on October 13-14. The two-day shopping event delivers Prime members incredible savings and deep discounts on over one million deals across every category. Prime Day kicks off at midnight PT on Tuesday, October 13 and runs through Wednesday, October 14, for Prime members in the U.S., U.K, U.A.E, Spain, Singapore, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia, and – participating for the first time this year – Turkey and Brazil. Members can shop deals and top products for the holiday season including toys, TVs, electronics, fashion, beauty, kitchen, home, and Amazon Devices starting today and throughout the two-day epic deals event at amazon.com/primeday. Not a Prime member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/primeday to participate in Prime Day.
Amazon is increasing its commitment to small business selling partners by designing Prime Day to support them with our biggest small business promotion yet. Starting today through October 12, Amazon will offer Prime members a $10 credit to use on Prime Day when members spend $10 on items sold by select small businesses in Amazon’s store. This Prime Day, and throughout the holiday season, Amazon will spend more than $100 million on new promotional activities to help small businesses around the world increase their sales and reach new customers. This has been a challenging year for many small businesses, and selling in Amazon’s stores has enabled hundreds of thousands of smaller companies to sustain and even grow their sales despite the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
“In the midst of an unprecedented year, we’re committed to making this the most successful Prime Day ever for our small businesses and excited for Prime members worldwide to discover new ways to support local entrepreneurs and save big on everything they need and love,” said Jeff Wilke, Amazon CEO Worldwide Consumer. “This year’s Prime Day is the perfect opportunity for Prime members to get their holiday shopping done early from the comfort of their homes – and to have more time to spend with their families and friends throughout the season.”
Support Small Businesses
There are many ways to discover products from small businesses now through Prime Day.
- Curated Small Business Collections: To make it easier than ever for customers to support small businesses, Amazon has created new curated collections to connect customers with local small businesses. Customers in the U.S., U.K., Spain, Singapore, Netherlands, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, and Australia will be able to shop curated small business collections, in both the lead-up to and on Prime Day. Visit amazon.com/supportsmall to start shopping collections in the U.S based on product category, business location, and owner profiles.
- Spend $10, Get $10: Amazon will offer a $10 credit to use on Prime Day to members who spend $10 on items sold by select small businesses in Amazon’s store today through October 12. This promotion is fully funded by Amazon to connect customers with local small businesses selling in its store. Small business promotions kicked off today in the U.S., U.K., Spain, Germany, Italy, France, and Japan.
- Prime Day Deals: Once Prime Day begins, members can use their $10 credit to purchase almost any product in Amazon’s store, including from small businesses. More than half of the items sold in Amazon’s store worldwide are from third-party sellers – mostly small and medium-sized businesses. This year, Prime members around the globe can shop hundreds of thousands of Prime Day deals from these businesses.
- Shop on Amazon Live: Throughout Prime Day, Amazon Live will spotlight exciting deals curated from small businesses across Amazon. Viewers will also have the opportunity to hear directly from business owners, learn more about their products, and shop their Prime Day deals during a reoccurring segment called Small Business Showcase.
“In such an unsettled economy, we’ve actually been able to grow our sales with Amazon, allowing us to pay our employees more and pivot quickly when supply chain shortages struck,” said Colleen Sundlie, owner of Date Lady in Springfield, MO. “Selling online has helped us stay connected with customers and continue growing our small business despite the challenging times.”
Early Prime Day Deals Start Now
Starting today, Prime members can shop early offers and deals every day leading up to Prime Day on October 13 & 14.
- Amazon Devices: Starting today, get two Echo Dot devices for $39.98 and Fire TV Recast for $129.99 to store up to 75 hours of HD programming. Plus, save up to $100 on Fire TV Edition Smart TVs and get the all-new Toshiba 43-inch Smart HD Fire TV Edition TV for $179.99. Starting October 6, get the Toshiba 32-inch Smart HD Fire TV Edition TV for $119.99 and the Insignia 43-inch Smart 4K UHD Fire TV Edition TV for $199.99; save $40 on Echo Show 5; get Echo Auto and enjoy hands-free access to Alexa in your car plus six months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $19.99; and save on smart home security with Blink Mini indoor cameras—one for $24.99, two for $49.98, or get Echo Show 5 and Blink Mini for $54.99.
- Amazon Music: For just $0.99, Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier with unlimited access to more than 60 million songs ad-free, and now a wide selection of popular podcasts.
- Audible: Prime members can save $50 on a year of Audible Premium Plus. Audible members will also get access to the Plus catalog, featuring more than 10K Audible Originals, audiobooks, and podcasts, all at no additional cost.
- Kindle Unlimited: New customers to Kindle Unlimited save 50% off a 6-month subscription.
- Kindle Book Deals: Spend $20 on ebooks and get a $5 ebook credit; Plus, Prime members can choose two, new select Kindle books for free.
- Amazon Fashion: Save up to 30% on select Vineyard Vines clothing for men, up to 15% on select fall fashion from Shopbop including boots, denim, and more, up to 30% on select top trends from premium women’s fashion, including ASTR the Label, Splendid, and Alo Yoga, up to 30% on select kids’ and baby clothing and shoes, up to 30% on select styles from Calvin Klein, up to 30% on select Dress the Population, 4SI3NNA, and Black Halo dresses.
- Amazon Brands: Save up to 40% on select clothing styles including Amazon Essentials and Goodthreads, 40% on pet essentials from Wag, 20% on Belei skincare products, 20% on baby essentials from Mama Bear, 20% on health and personal care products from Solimo, 20% on coffee and snacks from Amazon Fresh, Happy Belly, and Solimo, and 20% on health and wellness products from Revly, Amazon Elements, and Amazon Basic Care.
- Amazon Fresh: Members can enjoy $15 off their first order of $50 or more on Amazon Fresh plus item level offers throughout the store. Visit amazon.com/Fresh for more.
- Home: Save up to 20% or more on furniture brands including Modway, Lane Home Furnishings, Walker Edison Furniture Company, and Nathan James. Save up to 20% or more on select rugs from brands including nuLOOM and Artistic Weavers. Save on Martha Stewart Hunts Table Lamp Living Room Decor and Madison Park Signature Colette table lamp.
- Prime Video: Today through Prime Day, Prime members can enjoy a selection of titles to rent or buy with up to 50% off on select titles.
- Tools: Save up to 20% on select DEWALT saws and drills and up to 15% on select DEWALT impact driver and drill combo Kits.
- Toys: Save up to 30% on select toys from Green Toys.
- Smart Home and Appliances: Save 20% on Broan Appliances and 15% on Midea compact refrigerators. Save on Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch by TP-Link and SYLVANIA Tungsten halogen light bulbs.
- Lawn & Garden: Save on Masterbuilt Electric Smoker and accessories, select BLACK+DECKER outdoor tools, Back to the Roots Water Garden, American Lawn Mower Company electric lawn mower, Champion 3400-Watt Portable Generator, and more.
Ways to Shop and Save Big this Prime Day
Prime members have many convenient ways to shop and discover big savings and deep discounts this Prime Day.
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Cards: Starting September 28 through October 31, eligible Prime members who apply and are approved for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card will instantly receive a $100 Gift Card. Cardmembers receive 5% back at Whole Foods Market and at Amazon.com with an eligible Prime membership, plus 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, among other benefits. Restrictions apply. For more information, visit amazon.com/primevisa.
- Shop with Alexa: Prime members can discover deals by asking “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?” Plus, starting today and for a limited time, new Prime members who sign up for Prime using an Echo device will receive a $5 Amazon credit. Just say, “Alexa, sign me up for Prime.”
- Go In-Store: Prime members can visit Amazon’s physical retail locations, including Whole Foods Market, Amazon 4-star, Amazon Books, Amazon Pop Up, and Amazon Fresh to find in-store deals. Stay tuned for more details about in-store promotions.
- Amazon Live: Tune in to Amazon Live throughout Prime Day to see live product demonstrations, hear directly from brands, and shop can’t miss deals the minute they go live. Customers will see products in action through cooking demonstrations, try-on hauls, and more, and celebrities and influencers will be joining live to surprise customers with exclusive experiences. Viewers can easily shop the products and brands featured through a carousel that updates in real-time as hosts discuss the products. To watch, visit amazon.com/primeday and via the Amazon Shopping app on Fire TV.
- Personal Shopper by Prime Wardrobe: Personal Shopper by Prime Wardrobe, our monthly styling service exclusively for Prime members, extends to men’s fashion. Starting September 28, the service will provide a convenient way for customers to receive curated recommendations for both men’s and women’s fashion from our in-house team of stylists.
- AmazonSmile: Customers can visit smile.amazon.com and find the exact same Amazon experience – amazing deals, wide selection, fast and free delivery options – with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible purchases to the charity of their choice. AmazonSmile customers can now shop AmazonSmile on the latest version of the Amazon app by opening the app and finding ‘Settings’ in the main menu (☰), tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
- Amazon Photos Prime Day Photos Sweepstakes: Customers can enter for a chance to win the Prime Day Photos Sweepstakes by downloading the Amazon Photos app, sharing a photo that shows how Prime delivers joy, tagging Amazon Photos (@amazon.photos on Instagram and @amazonphotos on Facebook and Twitter), and using the hashtag #PrimeDayPhotos. A total of 30 winners will receive $1,000 Amazon.com Gift Cards good for purchases on Amazon.com. Get details at amazon.com/primedayphotos.
- Amazon.com in Spanish: Customers can visit amazon.com/espanol or use the Amazon App to shop, browse, search for millions of products, read reviews, view their carts, and place orders in Spanish. On the mobile App customers can go to Settings and tap on “Country and Language” to select Spanish. Amazon.com in Spanish gives customers the same convenient shopping experience in their preferred language on any device.
- Amazon App: Prime members can shop anytime, anywhere with the Amazon App to ensure you never miss a Prime Day deal.
Earlier this month, Amazon announced it is hiring an additional 100,000 regular full-time and part-time jobs in its fulfillment and logistics network throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as opening 100 new Operations buildings across fulfillment centers, delivery stations, sortation centers and other sites in September alone. These permanent positions will join the hundreds of thousands of employees already working across Amazon’s networks to ensure fast and efficient delivery for customers through the rest of the year, and beyond. Interested candidates can find out more at amazon.com/apply.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Over 150 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, ad-free listening of 2 million songs plus thousands of stations and playlists with Amazon Music, unlimited access to more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, free in-game content and games with Prime Gaming, Prime Day, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping. In addition to more than 10 million items eligible for free One-Day Delivery coast to coast, Prime members in thousands of cities and towns across 47 major metropolitan areas have access to millions of items with free Same-Day Delivery and the option to pick up and return their Amazon packages for free through Amazon Hub, a contactless, click and collect service at no additional cost. Prime members also have access to free and fast grocery delivery from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market in more than 2,000 cities and towns.
Prime is $119 a year or $12.99 a month and customers can start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime. College students can join Prime Student for 50% off and enjoy the benefits of Prime with a six-month trial at amazon.com/primestudent. Plus, for an additional $0.99 a month, student members can get Amazon Music Unlimited and stream over 50 million songs ad-free. Customers receiving government assistance through EBT or Medicaid can also qualify for a discounted Prime membership of $5.99 a month at amazon.com/qualify. Amazon Business customers—from small businesses to large enterprises, as well as education, government and non-profit organizations—can also take advantage of Prime’s fast, free shipping and exclusive business-relevant benefits with Business Prime, which starts at $69 per year as an add-on for customers with Amazon Prime on their personal account or $179 per year for up to three users at amazon.com/businessprime.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.